Vacuum forming gives ceramic fiber products defined shapes to provide protection against extreme temperatures and corrosion. Materials like 1260°C and 1430°C grade ceramic fiber excel in high temperature applications up to their rated limits. Vacuum forming ceramic fiber into boards, tubes, and complex custom geometries unlocks wider usage scenarios.
Ceramic Fiber Properties
Ceramic fiber offers a unique combination of properties:
- High temperature resistance – Withstands continuous exposure up to 1260°C or 1430°C based on grade.
- Low thermal conductivity – Provides effective insulation against heat transfer.
- Resistance to thermal shock – Handles rapid temperature changes without cracking.
- Lightweight – Weighs much less than dense insulation bricks.
- Low heat storage – Doesn’t retain heat energy.
These characteristics make ceramic fiber well-suited to insulation of industrial furnaces, ovens, kilns, boilers and other hot equipment.
Vacuum Forming Advantages
Vacuum forming gives ceramic fiber versatile advantages:
- Shaping ability – 1260C ceramic fiber vacuum formed can produce boards, curved shells, tubes, and complex 3D forms.
- Custom sizing – Parts can be fabricated to fit specific equipment dimensions.
- Consistent densities – Automated process ensures uniform insulation properties.
- Intricate designs – Ceramic fiber vacuum formed Offers flexibility beyond basic blocks and sheets.
- Reduced machining – Finished shapes minimize excess material removal.
- Improved durability – Molded shapes are more robust than stacked fiber blankets.
Formed ceramic fiber parts simplify installing protection in places standard boards and blankets can’t fit.
Typical uses for vacuum formed ceramic fiber products include:
- Furnace and kiln hot face linings
- Boiler casing insulation
- Industrial oven insulation
- Chimney linings
- Gas turbine wrap
- Automotive exhaust components
- Appliance insulation
The ability to formulate shapes lets designers integrate ceramic fiber insulation into the most demanding thermal environments.
Getting the Most Performance
1430C ceramic fiber vacuum formed makes ceramic fiber’s insulation properties accessible for unique applications and space constraints. Work with an experienced manufacturer to design custom ceramic fiber shapes optimized for your equipment protection needs.