Refractory brick is widely used in the refractory industry, because it has a high refractoriness, it is more flexible in fire protection applications. In many architectural design, the fire rating of the building is placed on the top priority, especially the floor height of more than 20 floors, the fire material requirements are very strict, the building flue, kitchen wall, boiler flue, flammable area should be isolated by the firewall,
In many refractory materials, insulating fire brick is a good choice.
Firebricks are a huge category with a long history, and there are many kinds of firebricks commonly used at present, and they are constantly innovating. Here Laurel,China will introduce it by three aspects:the development history, traditional firebrick and new type of firebrick.
The development of insulating fire bricks
- Early stage: The earliest refractory material used by humans is clay, and through firing and making pottery, clay-based mortar and firebrick have gradually developed.
- Industrial Revolution: With the advancement of the industrial revolution, refractories respond to the demand for higher temperatures, and develop high-grade refractories such as alumina and magnesium oxide.
- The middle and late 20th century: the development of synthetic materials has promoted the progress of refractory technology, such as zirconia, carbon compounds, etc., to improve the performance of refractory materials.
- The 21st century: The application of new technologies such as nanotechnology and biomass materials has brought new development opportunities for refractory materials. The current development trend of refractory bricks is light weight.
Material composition and characteristics of traditional clay firebrick
The main components of Fire clay insulating brick are clay and kaolin, and usually a certain proportion of quartz sand, bauxite, coal gangue and other auxiliary raw materials are added. The content of clay is usually between 50% and 70%, and the content of kaolin is between 10% and 30%. Fire clay insulating brick has the following characteristics:
- Good fire resistance: clay refractory bricks have good high temperature resistance, usually can withstand high temperatures above 1000 ° C, and some can even reach high temperatures above 1500 °
- Strong corrosion resistance: clay and kaolin in clay refractory brick materials contain high silicate and aluminate, can resist a variety of acids, alkali, salt and other chemical corrosion, so it is widely used in chemical industry, metallurgy, electric power and other fields.
- Good wear resistance: clay refractory brick has high hardness and density, and its surface is not easy to wear, so it can maintain surface finish and mechanical strength at high temperature for a long time.
- Good thermal insulation performance: clay firebrick often contains some thermal insulation materials, such as expanded perlite, expanded vermiculite, etc., these materials can improve the thermal insulation performance of clay firebrick, so that it has excellent thermal insulation performance in high temperature environment.
- Good processing performance: the manufacturing process of clay firebrick is relatively simple, the material is easy to process and form, and the cost is low.
Examples of new-type lightweight insulation bricks
Light weight insulating bricks mainly include:
Lightweight silicon brick
Lightweight silicon brick is also known as silicon heat insulation brick. Lightweight refractory material with silica above 91% and bulk density below 1.2g/cm3. The refractoriness and load softening temperature are not much different from that of ordinary silicon bricks with the same composition. However, due to many pores, the compressive strength, slag resistance and corrosion resistance are not as good as ordinary silicon bricks, and the thermal shock resistance has been improved.
High aluminum poly light brick
High aluminum poly light insulation brick, also known as high aluminum poly light ball brick, is made of super high blast furnace material as the main raw material, supplemented by appropriate admixtures using poly light burn loss method. The product has the advantages of high strength, good thermal stability, small change of heavy burnt fiber, small thermal conductivity and so on.
Mullite insulation brick
Light mullite heat-insulating brick is a heat-insulating refractory product made of mullite as secondary raw material. Mullite heat insulation brick high temperature resistance, high strength, low thermal conductivity, direct contact with flame, suitable for all kinds of industrial kiln lining.