Insulating modern industrial equipment and piping from extremely high temperatures requires specialized non-combustible materials. Ceramic fiber board provides an effective solution for applications exceeding 1000°C. In particular, 1260C ceramic fiber board delivers superior thermal insulation along with resistance to heat, flames, and thermal shock. Below we examine the composition, properties, benefits, and typical usage of 1260°C insulation ceramic fiber board.
What is Ceramic Fiber Board?
Ceramic fiber board consists of alumina-silica fibers formed into a lightweight fibrous mass. Also called ceramic fiber blanket or module, this material can insulate surfaces up to 1400°C. The fibers bond using organic binders or inorganic cements into a semi-rigid board. Ceramic fiber board contains about 20% organic content. It comes in a range of densities from 64 to 256 kg/m3. Lower density boards work better in layered systems while higher densities apply to rigid structures.
1260°C Ceramic Fiber Board Overview
Ceramic fiber board rated for a maximum service temperature of 1260°C provides effective insulation for extremely high temperature equipment. With proper installation, 1260°C ceramic fiber board can endure continuous operating temperatures of 1100°C. It maintains integrity and insulating properties in environments reaching peaks of 1260°C. This high grade board contains closely controlled fiber forming and curing procedures. Maintaining sufficient density gives the board enhanced durability and handling capability.
Properties of 1260°C Ceramic Fiber Board
Some of the notable properties of 1260°C grade ceramic fiber board include:
- Maximum continuous use temperature of 1100°C
- Maximum service temperature of 1260°C
- Density range from 128 to 256 kg/m3
- Low thermal conductivity from 0.09 to 0.12 W/m-K
- High heat reflection up to 95% radiant heat rejection
- Resistant to thermal shock and cycling
- Excellent insulation up to 5 times of other insulators
- Good acoustic insulation and sound absorption
- Asbestos-free and non-combustible
Benefits of Using 1260°C Ceramic Fiber Board
There are many benefits to selecting 1260°C insulation ceramic fiber board:
- Provides outstanding thermal insulation performance
- Can withstand continuous high temperature operation
- Rated for peak temperatures up to 1260°C
- Offers excellent acoustic damping properties
- Resists heat, flames, molten metal, and thermal shock
- Maintains insulation properties after exposure to high heat
- Asbestos-free, non-toxic and ecologically safe
- Flexible and rigid forms available
- Customizable shapes, sizes and densities
- Cost-effective high temperature insulation
Typical Applications of 1260°C Ceramic Fiber Board
Common applications for 1260°C ceramic fiber board include:
- Lining furnaces, ovens, kilns, boilers and heat treatment systems
- Fireproofing walls, floors and ceilings
- Wrapping exhaust pipes, chimneys, and flues
- Providing firewalls and heat shields
- Insulating steam and hot fluid pipes
- Backing high temperature sensors and hardware
- Preventing heat loss in chemical, gas and petrochemical plants
- Protecting personnel and equipment from extreme heat
Getting the most out of industrial processes and equipment often requires insulating systems that can withstand very high temperatures. 1260°C grade ceramic fiber board serves as an efficient, versatile solution for continuous 1100°C operation and peak temperatures approaching 1300°C. Engineers and project managers will benefit from assessing where this specialized ceramic fiber board can provide superior insulating performance and safety.